Tuesday, June 23, 2009

mclovin

There must be some sort of forces that are preventing me from getting my driver's license here. last week when kimble would ask me, "so what are you going to do today?" i would answer, "i'm gonna go get my license." ...but i never did. wednesday i got too distracted trying to clean, thursday i started feeling sick, and friday i felt even worse. yesterday, i was on my way when i called kimble and realized he was ready to be picked up, so i had to turn around. today, i drove all the way over there just to forget my friggin' social security card. tomorrow, i will attempt it once again.

Things seem to be looking up around here. or at least i'm more hopeful about things. i had filled out an application for a hospital here, Kapiolani Medical Center, and today i went to take their pre-assesment test. the test was weird--i had a headset on, and fake calls would come through about a cell phone bill complaint, insurance company, vacation booking etc, (none having to do with actual patients by the way), and i would choose different options on how i would respond. most of them were easy, but some i had no clue seeing that i had never tried to sell anything before. seemed like odd scenerios for a job at a hospital, but oh well, i went with it. once i finished the girl there gave me my score: 86%. i was kinda bummed but she said that it's a really good score, (they're minimum score is 30%)! she told me someone would call me shortly, so hopefully that will happen.

Can't wait to be living in a place of my own with Kimble and the dogs!

2 comments:

  1. Why are you getting a Hawaii license? Is that to establish residence in the state? Or do you need to have one if you expect to live there longer than a vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, there are a lot of benefits: you establish your residency, you get discounts to things or free entrance to state parks, you can write personal checks, etc. now that i think about it though, i think i'll just get a state ID instead and just wait until my CA license expires. the only thing is that for an ID i have to prove that i live where i do, so i guess i'll have to wait until a bill or something to arrive here and then i'll go get one.

    ReplyDelete